Work placements for European
apprentices in Baden-Württemberg
Our “Incoming” services for partner organisations abroad
Each year Go.for.europe provides a limited number of work placements in Baden-Württemberg to small groups of apprentices from other European countries.
Furthermore, Go.for.europe provides information about local language schools, accommodation and public transport.
Apprentices must be prepared for their internships by a European partner organisation and ideally be accompanied by a supervisor (e.g. vocational teacher) during their stay in Baden-Württemberg.
What we do
- We arrange unpaid internships of at least two and up to a maximum of four weeks for small groups of approximately five apprentices from different professions and sectors
- We hold a welcome event and supply an information folder
- We monitor and evaluate the work placements (*)
Our incoming service package is free of charge for European partner organisations and depends on the subsequent conditions:
Who can take part?
Committed, motivated apprentices from all sectors and skilled occupations who have:
- Dual / on-the-job-training experience
- German language skills (A2/B1) or fluency in English (B2)
- Interest in intercultural experiences
Participants must be of age. Underage participants must be accompanied by a supervisor of their sending organisation for the entire length of their stay.
The sending organisation is asked to ensure that all participants have adequate insurance for their stay abroad (e.g. group insurance in the frame of an Erasmus+ mobility).
We are a service centre that fosters the internationalisation of dual training in Baden-Württemberg and promotes the mobility of dual apprentices in Europe.
Go.for.europe is a joint project of the business community in Baden-Württemberg/Germany, consisting of:
- Confederation of Skilled Crafts Baden-Württemberg
- Association of Chambers of Commerce and Industry Baden-Württemberg
- Baden-Württemberg Employers’ Association of the Metal and Electrical Industry – Südwestmetall
The project is supported by the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Housing Baden-Württemberg with funding from the European Social Fund.
(*) If further supervision or training beyond the work placement is desired, the sending organisation must provide additional funds in order to purchase according services through third-party educational institutions.